Direct Support Professional (DSP / Foster Care)- Upland
Direct Service Professional (Foster Care)
Quality / Commitment / Results – If these are the ideals that drive you to want to make a difference in a child’s life, then Alliance wants you! Alliance is dedicated to the success of the children and families we serve and is looking for like-minded employees.
Alliance Human Services, Inc. has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Direct Service Employee to join our not-for-profit, therapeutic foster care agency, located in Upland, CA. We are looking for a bachelor’s level Direct Service Employee, to coordinate the treatment of the children we place with Resource Parents.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and can creatively solve problems, make clinically sound decisions, inspire confidence, and facilitate communication, this may be the job for you!
What does the workday include?
- Provide developmentally appropriate care and supervision to clients in placement. This includes participating in activities with the client, ensuring the client is clean and safe, fed, appropriately supervised, and working toward the goals stipulated in the Individualized Service Plan.
- Participate in special events and projects sponsored or required by the foster family agency, as assigned.
- Assist with transportation of children to/from medical, therapy, educational, family visitation, and or community events and appointments.
- Work with the AHS Case Managers to ensure the safety of the child in placement and provide a supportive resource to Approved AHS Parents.
- Maintain general knowledge of child development, best practices in regard to childcare, behavior management, and the basic provisions of the Standards of California.
- Appropriately document placement events which occur while the child is in his/her care, as requested by the AHS Case Manager and AHS Executive Director.
- Provide assistance to the foster family agency in stabilizing placements and providing brief supportive services, as assigned.
- Assist with generating ideas and carrying out activities concerning donation requests, marketing, and event planning for the foster parents and clients.
- Assist the Program Recruiter and Administrative Assistant with filing of documents.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification on file.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in the human services field and one year of experience working with children and families are both preferred. Bi-Lingual in Spanish.