Case Aide/Mentor (Foster Care) – Sign on Bonus up to $2500 – Danville, VA
Quality / Commitment / Results – If these are the ideals that drive you to want to make a difference in a child’s life, then Alliance wants you! Alliance is dedicated to the success of the children and families we serve and is looking for like-minded employees.
Alliance Human Services, Inc. has an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Case Aid to join our not-for-profit, therapeutic foster care agency, located in Lynchburg, VA. We are looking for a Case Aid with a High School Diploma (Bachelor’s level preferred), to coordinate the treatment of the children we place with foster parents, in and around the Lynchburg community. Work on some evenings and weekends maybe required based on the families’ schedules.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and can creatively solve problems, make clinically sound decisions, inspire confidence, and facilitate communication, this may be the job for you!
What does the workday include?
- Participate in the orientation, training, evaluation, and assessment of potential certified foster family home applicants.
- Participate in special events and projects sponsored or required by the foster family agency, as assigned.
- Work with the AHS Case Managers to ensure the safety of the child in placement and provide a supportive resource to Approved AHS Parents.
- Maintain general knowledge of child development, best practices in regard to childcare, behavior management, and the basic provisions of the Standards of Virginia.
- Provide assistance to the foster family agency in stabilizing placements and providing brief supportive services, as assigned.
- Assist Case Managers in conducting home visits and foster parent support meetings.
- Assist in foster parent training, planning, and development.
- Maintain knowledge of certified family / home standards and practices
- Provide mentoring services to foster youth in care.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights, and practice universal precautions.
· Current CPR/First Aid Certification on file.
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma (Bachelor’s level preferred) with at least one year of experience in human services.
Must have current driver’s license, a safe, working vehicle; and appropriate levels of insurance coverage. Criminal history must meet or exceed company standards at time of hire and be maintained at this level throughout employment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- After school
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Danville, VA 24541: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Child welfare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person