Part-Time Direct Service Employee - Danville, VAHuman Services - Virginia
Alliance Human Services, Inc. has an exciting part-time opportunity for an experienced Direct Service Employee to join our not-for-profit agency. This position does have the potential to become full-time based on needs of the program. We are looking for a Bachelor's level Direct Service Employee to assist with child care and supervision of children in placement on an intermittent basis in the Danville area.
- Provide developmentally appropriate care and supervision to clients in placement. This includes participating in activities with the client, ensuring the client is clean and safe, fed, appropriately supervised, and working toward the goals stipulated in the Individualized Service Plan.
- Participate in special events and projects sponsored or required by the foster family agency, as assigned.
- Assist with transportation of children to/from medical, therapy, educational, family visitation, and or community events and appointments.
- Work with the AHS Case Managers to ensure the safety of the child in placement and provide a supportive resource to Approved AHS Parents.
- Maintain general knowledge of child development, best practices in regard to child care, behavior management, and the basic provisions of the Standards of Virginia.
- Appropriately document placement events which occur while the child is in his/her care, as requested by the AHS Case Manager and AHS Executive Director.
- Provide assistance to the foster family agency in stabilizing placements and providing brief supportive services, as assigned.
- Assist with generating ideas and carrying out activities concerning donation requests, marketing, and event planning for the foster parents and clients.
- Assist the Program Recruiter and Administrative Secretary with filing of documents.
- Caring and Compassion is what we do. Take your career to the next level and apply today!
Alliance Human Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Job Location: Danville, VA
Social Work Experience: 1 Year
Working with Families: 1 year
Required education: Bachelor's
Required License: Driver’s License