Intake Coordinator - Danville, VAHuman Services - Virginia
Alliance Human Services, Inc. has an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Intake Coordinator to join our not-for-profit agency. We are looking for a Master's level candidate to manage all intakes and carry those new cases for the first 45 days. The ideal candidate will provide training and support to the foster family and supervise the case managers that the family is transitioned to for ongoing support for the child and foster family. You will also ensure that all the needs of the child are being met and you will review and amend service plans.
- The Intake Coordinator accepts all referrals given to Alliance. Critical duties include ensuring quality services and beneficial outcomes, in accordance with corporate goals, philosophies and values. The candidate must be able to solve problems, make clinically sound decisions, inspire confidence, and facilitate communication.
- Participate in the orientation, training, evaluation, and assessment of potential certified foster family home applicants.
- Evaluate and assess all children for placement and continued placement in foster family home.
- Provide counseling services for the child based on their assessed level and family therapy when appropriate based on the identified permanency plan.
- Conduct home visits and foster parent support meetings which may require a varied work schedule after 5 pm.
- Maintain current and complete progress notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with corporate, licensing, and regulatory standards.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and team meetings as required.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights, and practice universal precautions.
- Provide pre-service training and in-service training to foster parents as assigned and assist in foster parent training, planning, and development; some of these trainings will occur on Saturdays.
- Participate in rotational on-call system providing emergency coverage and crisis intervention support as assigned.
- Complete court reports and attend all judicial placement reviews scheduled for the client.
- Assist with legal, Licensing, regulatory, and certification activities as needed.
- Represent the agency appropriately in court, with other agencies and with foster parents.
- Maintain knowledge of certified family / home standards and practices.
- Assist with making presentations to localities in Virginia
- Attend Vendor Fairs, community events, and present Alliance in a positive light to all vendors
- Assist in conducting home visits and assist in the performing of quarterly assessments of the foster homes
- Offer ideas and suggestions to the Executive Director on how to improve quality and increase visibility in the state
- Obtain and complete all required intake documentation
- Complete, update and maintain all Childtrax documentation in a timely manner- case notes, assessments and service plans
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification on file
- Other duties as assigned
We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Caring and Compassion is what we do. Take your career to the next level and apply today!
Alliance Human Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Danville, VA
- Human Services: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License