Program Director - Torrance, CAHuman Services - California
Alliance Human Services, Inc. has an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Program Director to join our not-for-profit agency. We are looking for a Master's level director to act as the principle representative of Alliance Human Services, Inc. in the state of California.
The Program Director will assist in directing the day to day program operations within Alliance
Human Services Foster Family Agency. The Program Director will work to ensure quality and implement growth and diversification efforts in accordance with corporate goals, philosophies and values. The candidate must be able to solve problems, take risks, inspire confidence and facilitate communication.
This position requires experience working in the field of human services including the areas of foster care and adoption. The position also requires past experience in a managerial role.
This position requires flexible work hours including evening and weekends as needed.
Alliance Human Services, Inc. California Programs are currently accredited through The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of quality staff to fill social work, recruitment, and administrative positions.
- Appointing and dismissing staff.
- Orientation and training of new social work personnel
- Ensure that social work personnel have the education and experience necessary to competently participate in the assessment and evaluation of an applicant or Resource Family.
- Ensure that social work personnel are trained in accordance with the training plan specified in Section 88222.1 of the Interim Licensing Standards.
- Ensure that social work personnel participating in the assessment and evaluation of an applicant or Resource Family meet core competency requirements, including having necessary knowledge and skills listed in Section 88364 of the Interim Licensing Standards.
- Organizing and carrying out a program of staff development for all staff members.
- Review and supervise social work personnel in regard to case management, crisis management, and other clinical duties.
- Establish and oversee on-call duties.
- Ensuring maintenance of a file of all foster family agency incident investigation reports and Department complaint investigation reports, including the foster family agency action taken.
- Ensuring that incident and complaint investigation reports are kept confidential as required by Health and Safety Code Section of the Interim Licensing Standards 1538(b)
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all funding sources, regulatory bodies and interagency liaisons.
- Assign caseloads, evaluate performance for quality assurance, and manage staff development and training.
- Assure service delivery and compliance with all regulatory, contractual, corporate and legal requirements. Maintain knowledge of foster family care provision standards and ensures compliance with Title 22, title 17, and in terms of treatment-foster care interventions.
- As required, oversees recruitment, including selecting, contracting and terminating of foster care providers (FCP) and other direct service employees. Also oversees DSE and FCP supervision, training and evaluation.
- Supervise referral, intake, assessment, matching, and placement of new clients.
- Serves as liaison with consulting staff (psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians, etc.)
- Oversees appropriate interface with billing system and other operating units as necessary to meet company requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of certified family / home standards and practices
- Maintain Knowledge and keep up with accreditation standards as put forth by our accreditation company, CARF.
- Training in programs provided by the foster family agency
- Designation as the authorized person to correct deficiencies that constitute immediate threats to the health and safety of children in the foster family agency certified family homes.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification on file.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
In accordance with the Interim Licensing Standards for Foster Family Agencies, the candidate must meet one of the following requirements:
A master's degree or higher from an accredited or state approved graduate school in social work or social welfare, marriage, family and child counseling, counseling psychology, social psychology or equivalent education and experience as determined by the licensing agency.
A bachelor's degree in a behavioral science from an accredited college or university. In addition, the administrator shall have demonstrated ability and leadership through a minimum of five years of experience in the field of child or family services, two years of which have been in an administrative or managerial position.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Torrance, CA
Required education: Master's Degree
- Adoption Experience: 1 year
- Foster Care Experience: 1 year
- Management Experience: 2 years
- Social Work Experience: 2 years
Required License: Driver’s License